PASSPORT SERVICES RESUME BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Effective Tuesday, September 8, 2020, the Hidalgo County District Clerk’s Office will resume passport services by appointment only. The district clerk office temporarily suspended passport services back in March in an effort to limit non-essential services at the courthouse amid growing concerns of COVID-19.
Appointments will be scheduled Monday through Friday, from 9am to 2:30pm only. Applicants for a U.S. Passport can schedule their appointments online at:
PASSPORT APPOINTMENT BOOKING SITE ***PLEASE SEE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BELOW BEFORE MAKING APPOINTMENT***
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING APPOINTMENTS FOR RENEWAL APPLICATIONS. IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO RENEW YOUR PASSPORT (SEE FORM DS-82 FOR ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS), PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE RENEWAL APPLICATION AND MAIL IT TO THE REFERENCED ADDRESS FOR PROCESSING.
Applicants must bring all required documentation and their completed and printed application, which can be downloaded from the US Department of State website at:
Applicants are advised, as per the US Department of State, unless an individual has a life-or-death emergency, applicants will experience delays before receiving their passport and the return of their citizenship documents. Expedited service has also been temporarily suspended due to the significantly reduced passport operations that were implemented as a result of the pandemic.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PROCESS MY APPLICATION?
1. Completed passport application (DS-11)
2. Original birth certificate (long form)
3. Valid driver's license or government ID
4. Passport photos (available on site)
5. Check or money order for passport fees only ($35 execution fee paid separately)
US PASSPORT INFORMATION - GETTING STARTED
- How Do I apply for a Passport?
- Informacion de pasaportes
- Where to Apply
- Check Application Status
- Passport News & Announcements
- Before You Go: A Traveler's Checklist
- While Abroad
- For further details logon to the Travel website