Linda Fong, CPFO
Hidalgo County Auditor
The County Auditor is the Chief Financial Officer of the County and is appointed by the State District Judges for a two-year term.
The mission of the Hidalgo County Auditor's Office is to establish an effective financial management system that fosters efficiency and fiscal responsibility, while fulfilling statutory duties and responsibilities in a professional and objective manner.
The County Auditor is responsible for seeing to the strict enforcement of county finance laws. Responsibilities include the following statutory responsibilities:
- Prescribing a system of accounting
- Overseeing books and records of all County officials
- Approving claims against the County
- Countersigning all checks other than checks to County Jurors
- Providing monthly and annual financial reports to Commissioners Court and Judicial District Judges