What is an occupational license:
How to request an occupational license:
- Petitioner MUST live in Hidalgo County OR may file in the county where the suspension occurred.
- Petitioner cannot have more than one occupational license within the last 10 years preceding the date of the filing of this petition.
- The suspended license must be a Texas License.
- Petitioner can’t apply for Occupational License if Petitioner never had a Texas license.
- Justice Courts DO NOT have jurisdiction over suspension for DWI, medical advisory issues, mental issues or child support issues.
Fees and documents needed to file in Justice Court: No case will be accepted and no action will be taken on the application until all materials are submitted to the court.
- $46 filing fee (money order or cashier's check)
- Occupational License Petition
- Financial Responsibility Insurance Certificate (SR-22)
- Driving Record (Type AR-Certified Abstracts of Driving Record) -Refer to Texas Department of Public Safety website
- Essential need (supporting documents)
What happens after fees and documents are filed in Justice Court: Once all documents are received, they will be forwarded and reviewed by Assistant District Attorney (ADA).
- Not Opposed by ADA: The Judge will sign and the clerk will contact you with the next steps.
- Opposed by ADA: A hearing will be set up for you to appear. (will receive Zoom notice)