Broken Arrow Grant


The Hidalgo County Veterans Service office is now taking applications for the Broken Arrow Financial Assistance Grant.

The Veterans General Assistance provides funds to organizations serving veterans and their families and is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund of Veterans' Assistance.

“Guiding and offering help to the veterans in our community is our top priority,” said Hidalgo County Veterans Service Officer Felix Rodriguez.  “Through this grant we will assist veterans and their surviving spouses with their various needs.”

This grant is eligible for Veterans residing in Hidalgo County with all discharge types other than Dishonorable. You served your country, now let us honor your service by assisting you in your time of need.

Are you a surviving spouse of a Veteran and are currently residing in Hidalgo County? You too are eligible for assistance.


The grant program assists with the following:

  • Rent/Mortgage Assistance
  • Emergency Vehicle Repairs
  • Adult Care
  • Funeral Expenses
  • Utility Assistance for surviving spouses

In order to be eligible, veterans must reside in Hidalgo County with all discharge types other than Dishonorable. Surviving spouses should provide a marriage certificate, death certificate and discharge paperwork. 

Veterans must provide one of the following to verify U.S. Military Service:

  • DD 214
  • NGA-22 National Guard Separation & Record of Service
  • NA Form 13038, Certificate of Military Service
  • VA Letter with Disability% and Character of service
  • E-benefits summary with Character of Service
  • Honorable Discharge Certificate

To apply, fill out an application and email it to [email protected] or drop it off at the Veterans Service Office at 10213 N. 10th St. Suite B McAllen 78504.  For more information, call 956-292-7076.