Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions for Permits:
- Where can I buy a permit and how much is it? Permit can be purchased @ 1124 N M Rd. 3 months $25.00, 6 months $50.00, 9 months $75.00 and full year $100.00.
- What time can I purchase a permit? Permit Sales opens from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday.
- Can I pay for my permit online? No, Hidalgo County and all four county precincts do not have the ability for constituents to pay for permits online.
- Do I need to buy one permit for every car if it is in the same household? No, according to the Hidalgo County Solid Waste Citizen Collection Station Rules and Guidelines, every vehicle must have a permit that is adhered to the windshield of the vehicle when visiting the recovery centers and/or the brush site for trash/brush disposal. One permit = one vehicle.
- What documents are required to obtain a permit? According to the Hidalgo County Solid Waste Citizen Collection Station Rules and Guidelines, proof of Hidalgo County rural residency, name, address, personal identification and vehicle information is required at the time of application.
Frequently Asked Questions for Recovery Centers and Brush Sites:
- What can I dispose at this recovery center? Household items, such as old mattress, old furniture, blinds. Appliances such as broken down refrigerator, stove, TV’s washer dryer. Household trash.
- Do you accept double axle trailers? No, according to the Hidalgo County Solid Waste Citizen Collection Station Rules and Guidelines, double axle trainers are not allowed at the recovery centers or the brush site for trash/debris disposal.
- Where can I dispose of construction material? Construction material and other items can be disposed of @ 8601 Jasman Edinburg, Texas. They can be reached @ 956-381-5652, the fee is $11.67 per cubic Ft.
- Can county employees assist me in unloading my trash or brush? No, according to the Hidalgo County Solid Waste Citizen Collection Station Rules and Guidelines, due to liability reasons, county employees are not allowed to assist in the unloading of trash or brush.
- What is the location of the brush site? The brush site is located on the corner of Davis Road and Terry Road.
- Are dump trucks allowed into the brush site? No, according to the Hidalgo County Solid Waste Citizen Collection Station Rules and Guidelines, dump trucks, large commercial trucks, and tractors pulling trailers are not allowed.
- What are the hours of operation for the brush site? The brush site is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- What are the hours of operation for trash disposal? The M Road Recovery Center is open Monday through Friday at 7:30 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where do we call if a stop sign is down? Precinct 4 will create a work order and have sign replaced.
- Where can we get complimentary sand bags? Once it has been declared by the county judge our precinct will hand out 4-5 bags per family @ 1124 N M Rd.
- We have a dead animal, who can pick it up? If it is livestock( precinct 4 area) we will create a work order and dead animal must be placed on county ROW for pick up. If it is domestic the Hidalgo County Health Department will pick it up, they can be reached @ 956-383-0111.
- Where can I report a lot as a nuisance? Precinct 4 will do the intake for a nuisance case with all the pertinent information such as lot location and address and full details of the complaint. It will then be forwarded to Executive Office- Code Enforcement Division.
- Where can I call if a streetlamp is out? If it belongs to AEP you can call 1-866-223-8508 for a work order to be created. For MVEC streetlamps, call 1-866-225-5683 or log on to website: Magicvalley.coop and go to "Contact: StreetLight Outage".
- Where can I obtain a utility permit? Planning Department located at 1304 S 20th St. Edinburg, Texas. The contact number is 956-318-2840.