Child Support

Our caseload is composed of all Hidalgo County cases heard in the family courts that establish paternity and order child support payments through the Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit (TXCSDU). We assist the public in providing the necessary support to address general child support concerns. Our office currently offers the following child support payment options:

  • Garnishment of your wages may be deducted from your payroll with a court order
  • Child support payments can be made at a Western Union at designated locations
  • Your child support payment can be drafted from your bank account, by logging on to Expert Pay or calling (800) 403-0879.
  • Child support payments can be sent to the TXCSDU by personal check, money order, or cashier’s check (do not send cash) made payable to TXSCDU. (Include your case ID # and court cause number.)
    • Texas Child Support Disbursement Units
      P.O. Box 659791
      San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791

Receiving Child Support

The Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit is expanding the options for receiving your Child Support payments. You can now have your payments deposited directly onto the Texas Debit Card.

As the official child support enforcement agency for the State of Texas, you can also visit the Texas Attorney General website for other child support related matters.

AG Data Gathering Form

The Attorney General of Texas introduces the Data Gathering Form to the County of Hidalgo. Attorneys are encouraged to complete this form when submitting court ordered payments. Once received at the district clerk office, the data will be entered on the Texas Child Support Enforcement System (TXCSES) and will create an immediate account for child support payment from the non-custodial parent. By utilizing this form, the amount of time it takes for child support payments to be sent to the custodial parents is greatly reduced. This will also assist the Office of the Attorney General in the following:
  • Establishing and enforcing child support orders
  • Establishing and enforcing medical support orders
  • Reviewing and adjusting child support payments
  • Collecting and distributing child support payments
  • Assisting parents in obtaining the financial support necessary for the child

Legal Advice

The district clerk office cannot dispense legal advice or disseminate forms to file a case in family courts. However, there are different options and alternatives you can use to seek legal advice: